Ongoing TMS shipping integration
Transport module for Ongoing to connect all your carriers at once.
Calculate prices, ETD, ETA, CO2; create shipments, shipping labels, tracking links and branded notifications automatically.
37 kg Compensating
Cargoson lets you send info between Ongoing and your carriers automatically — no code required.
Using a TMS is the first step to optimizing your transport and logistics. It allows you to save time, money and CO2 emissions by having all of your carriers on one dashboard.
If your company is using Ongoing, you can take it a step further: skip the manual steps and automate the shipping process.
What you can automate
- Use the sales/purchase orders data in Ongoing to automatically create shipments in Cargoson
- Display all available shipping options for a given order and let your users choose
- Get a list of parcel lockers from different carriers
- Communicate shipping needs between colleagues
- Hand over the responsibility of comparing and choosing a transport option from third party users or purchase/sales managers to a logistician
- Calculate the transport price automatically from your price lists and receive it back to your Ongoing software
- Request spot prices from your carriers
- Find the estimated lead times for transport or request estimations from carriers
- Find the estimated transport CO2 emissions for each transport option
- Compare carriers and different transport options for each shipment in Cargoson, your business software or any other system your company is using
- Place a transport order to a carrier of your choice, through their preferred channel: directly into their system or by automated mail (see the carriers integrated with Cargoson)
- Set up predefined rules to automate transport booking and let the software choose the carrier automatically
- Send branded email transport notifications to your customers, colleagues and partners (labels, ETA, modifications, cancellations, licence plate numbers, documents etc)
- Generate shipping labels, get them in your Ongoing, and send them to relevant parties
- Generate tracking links and receive them back to Ongoing, as well as automatically update the shipment statuses
- Get daily reports about delayed shipments in your email inbox
- Get your company-wide cross-carrier transport statistics and generate reports
- Compare transport invoices with the pre-calculated or pre-agreed amount
Ongoing TMS integration features
Ongoing is a fast-growing software company that specializes in a web-based Warehouse Management System (WMS) for logistics-intensive companies. They have a strong international presence with customers in thirty plus countries.
Ongoing WMS is easy to learn and implement and has a wide ecosystem of integrations. The service is hardware independent and can be integrated with any automation hardware due to their standardized automation API.
Transportation Price Requests
Transport price requests can be initiated on the following Ongoing WMS entities:
After sending the request, different price offers will be displayed (including calculations from your personal price lists).
Transport orders can be sent to your carriers from the following Ongoing WMS entities: (same as with price requests):
The shipment data is copied from the order or shipment.
You can either request quotes and click on a suitable offer, or skip it and place a direct booking.
ETA, ETD and CO2 calculation
When requesting freight prices or placing a transport booking, you also receive:
- ETD: Estimated Time of Departure of the shipment (collection date)
- ETA: Estimated Time of Arrival of the shipment (delivery date)
- CO2e emissions: estimated shipment GHGs which takes into account:
- the freight/service type (air, sea, road, courier, rail),
- estimated vessel/truck/plane type,
- the specific carrier's fleet (when information available),
- travel distance (via roads, shipping lanes or airways),
- quantity of goods (both the weight and volume),
After placing a transport order, the shipping labels can be opened and printed directly in Ongoing.
After placing a transport order, the e-Waybill can be opened and printed directly in Ongoing.
This requires the user to be signed in to Cargoson.
After placing a transport order, the CMR can be opened and printed directly in Ongoing.
This requires the user to be signed in to Cargoson.
The shipment's tracking link will be saved in your Ongoing WMS.
In addition, the shipment's tracking milestones are automatically updated based on the info saved in the carrier's system. You can see the status directly on your Ongoing order or shipment without opening the tracking link.
The Ongoing + Cargoson integration works with all Cargoson plans starting from Industry.View detailed features and pricing plans
Start using a transport management system with Ongoing
Your time is valuable
If you use multiple carriers, we believe that using one system to work with all of them is the most efficient use of your time and resources.
Skip the manual work
Your contacts, orders and shipment data already exists in Ongoing. Stop copying it to different carrier systems or sending it via email.
Instead, make use of it: integrate Ongoing with Cargoson and your data will be exchanged with all of your carriers automatically! This will also avoid human errors.
Pick and choose which carriers you like
The carriers you want to use is your decision, not our business.
Cargoson is not a middleman or a forwarder, but your transportation management software.
All your carriers connected to Ongoing
- All your transport bookings could be placed the same way.
- Simple API: One integration from your Ongoing ERP will cover all your present and future carrier integrations.
- Requesting a new carrier integration, in case we haven't built it yet, is free for all customers.
- Track all of your shipments on one dashboard.
- Adding, removing or switching carriers is quick and easy.
All transport-related notifications to your partners, customers and coworkers are branded and look the same, regardless of the carrier you're using.
How to start shipping directly from Ongoing
Get a demo to see how you can add the shipping module to Ongoing. Then, select your carriers, upload your prices and other agreements with your carriers, invite your users and start shipping right away. See also: Configuring my carriers, price lists and users in Cargoson.Schedule a demo