Opter TMS shipping integration
Transport module for connecting your software with Opter.
Calculate prices, ETD, ETA, CO2; create shipments, shipping labels, tracking links and branded notifications automatically.
Cargoson lets you send info between your transportation management software and Opter automatically — no code required.
Using a TMS is the first step to optimizing your transport and logistics. It allows you to save time, money and CO2 emissions by having all of your carriers on one dashboard.
If your company or partner is using Opter, you can take it a step further: skip the manual steps and automate the shipping process.
What you can automate
- Use the sales/purchase orders data in your ERP/online store/WMS or other software to automatically create shipments in Cargoson
- Display all available shipping options for a given order and let your users choose
- Get a list of parcel lockers from different carriers
- Communicate shipping needs between colleagues
- Hand over the responsibility of comparing and choosing a transport option from third party users or purchase/sales managers to a logistician
- Calculate the transport price automatically from your price lists and forward it to your or your partner's Opter software
- Request spot prices from your carriers
- Find the estimated lead times for transport or request estimations from carriers
- Find the estimated transport CO2 emissions for each transport option
- Compare carriers and different transport options for each shipment in Cargoson or directly in Opter
- Place a transport order to a carrier of your choice, directly into their Opter software
- Set up predefined rules to automate transport booking and let the software choose the carrier automatically
- Send branded email transport notifications to your customers, colleagues and partners (labels, ETA, modifications, cancellations, licence plate numbers, documents etc)
- Generate shipping labels directly from Opter, get them in your TMS, business software or other system, and send them to relevant parties
- Generate Opter tracking links and receive them back to your TMS, business software or other system, and automatically update shipment statuses based on information saved in Opter
- Get daily reports about delayed shipments in your email inbox
- Generate transport statistics and reports across all your carriers
- Compare transport invoices with pre-calculated or pre-agreed amounts
Opter TMS integration features
Opter is a TMS software used by carriers and freight forwarders.
Cargoson and Opter have built a two-way integration for you to share data with your carriers that are using the Opter system.
You don't need to to anything to integrate your carrier's Opter system with your shipping software — it's already integrated automatically!
Depending on the carrier, the integration will be up immediately after adding the carrier to your personal list of transport partners, or you might need to request EDI credentials from them. You can find out whether you need to do this by opening the carrier's profile.
Transport orders will be created in your carrier's Opter environment automatically. This will avoid delays and errors due to manual communication and data entry.
After placing a transport order, package labels can be opened directly in your Cargoson environment, ERP, online store or other Cargoson-integrated systems.
The shipment's tracking link will be saved in Cargoson and your Cargoson-integrated system and can be opened by clicking on it.
Automatic tracking milestones on your dashboard
To save time, your shipments' tracking milestones are automatically updated based on the info saved in the carrier's Opter system. You can see the status directly on your dashboard without opening the shipment or the tracking link, or it can be requested via the Cargoson API.
The Opter + Cargoson integration works with all Cargoson plans.View detailed features and pricing plans
Start using Opter with your transport management system
Your time is valuable
If you use multiple carriers, we believe that using one system to work with all of them is the most efficient use of your time and resources.
Skip the manual work
Your contacts, orders and shipment data already exists in your ERP/WMS/eCommerce software. Are you copy-pasting them to the Opter system?
Instead, make use of it: integrate your system with Cargoson and your data will be exchanged with the Opter system automatically! This will also avoid human errors.
Pick and choose which carriers you like
The carriers you want to use is your decision, not our business.
Cargoson is not a middleman or a forwarder, but your transportation management software.
All your carriers connected to Opter
- All your transport bookings could be placed the same way.
- Data is exchanged with Opter TMS software automatically.
- Simple API: One integration from your business software will cover all your present and future carrier integrations.
- Requesting a new carrier integration, in case we haven't built it yet, is free for all customers.
- Track all of your shipments on one dashboard.
- Adding, removing or switching carriers is quick and easy.
All transport-related notifications to your partners, customers and coworkers are branded and look the same, regardless of the carrier you're using.
How to start shipping directly from Opter
Get a demo to see how you can add the shipping module to your software and integrate Opter. Then, select your carriers, upload your prices and other agreements with your carriers, invite your users and start shipping right away. See also: Configuring my carriers, price lists and users in Cargoson.Schedule a demo